Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Visit From Buddies

Hey friends and familia,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for being MIA the last two weeks. If I haven't returned your phone call/email/text, I am on it today....eh...and tomorrow!

We had a wonderful visit from some of our Visalia buddies this weekend. The Earhearts and the Largozas both came down to stay with us and we had a house full of happy kiddos! Noah loved all the buzz of a full house and was so excited each morning to see his friends.
Lachlan, Miles, Isaiah and Noah watching morning cartoons.

We also had a chance to visit the Quail Botanical Gardens for the first time. It's only 15 minutes away, so we thought we'd check it out. The Children's Garden was our favorite part. It had a "dinosaur dig," water toys and a big train for the kids to play with. They had a great time getting dirty!

Despite the gloomy day, Saturday was also fantastic, it was Legoland day! Mike, Mary and E drove down from LA and we were also joined by the Oswalds and Noah's best buddy Elsa and her mommy, Amy. What a fun group we had! (Yes, that makes 6 toddlers in our group - Phew!)

Noah got to try a few new rides and even managed to wait in a few lines, but his favorite had to be the airplane ride with Elsa. They are sitting together (with Brian behind them) and the squealing you hear in the background is Elsa and Noah every time they went around the corner. Too cute!!

All the fun must of had a huge impact on Noah, because for the very first time he started to ask for friends to come back and play. On Monday it was "Zay (Isaiah)?" and "Baby (Emma)?". I am sure he said Miles and Lachlan somewhere in there too, but that was all I could decipher from his baby-speak. Yesterday he couldn't stop talking about "Etta (Elsa)." It's so amazing to see your kids start to develop friendships, especially with the kids of your own friends. Reminds you that life is sweet.

2 comments:

Show Low Bridge Blog said...

Gosh...you have been a little lazy with the posts. I can't wait to see you all next week. Of course this brought tears to my eyes. Shades of Grandma.

A Darling and Delightful Journey said...

OHMYGOODNESS!!How fun! I bet Noah was not sure what to make of all the excitement. I am sure it was a blast no doubt. While we were in Florida, the whole fam shared this huge yellow house. Little Isabelle was thrilled waking up to everyone gushing over her every morning. It was like a party everyday. Now she is back on track being at home with Jack and myself. I am sure she misses the buzz of everyone sharing the house.

Cute pics by the way!