Thursday, March 27, 2008

Milestones

Hey Guys,

Was reading my baby bible this morning (What to Expect the First Year), and wanted to log some of the cool things Noah can do so far. He will be 3 months this coming Monday. I can't believe how time is flying! Our little guy can:
















- smile up a storm
- giggle (the best sound ever!)
- hold his head up when you hold him (you have to hold his upper back up still)
- bring head to 90 degrees on when on stomach
- stand briefly on both legs when you put your hands under his armpits
- bring his hands to his mouth
- hold an object (when placed in his hand)
- follow voices and objects across the room
- make vowel/consonant combo sounds (such as "ah-goo")
- sit up briefly when placed against the back of a chair



His little personality is shining through as well. He loves to be sung to (despite Mommy's horrible voice) and watch people talk. Noah also likes to look at you and make sounds to express his mood. "Aye!" = Hey! I am pissed. Bri and I have to laugh when he does this one. The volume increases the madder he gets. "Ah-oo" = I am happy.This usually follows milk consumption. He doesn't like being alone for very long (umm like 2 minutes) or being put down (as in, down on the floor, we don't call him a "poo poo head" or anything). Besides this, he is generally happy.

We are still working on extending the hours of sleeping. So far he is going a consistent 6 hours in the night, which is an extreme improvement. Yay for sleep! We are hopeful that by the end of next month he can go 8 hours. We will see!

I am sure there are other things I am forgetting, but the list seems so long already. It amazing how much a baby can do in just 3 months. If only he could do our taxes......

Love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys... sounds like Noah's off to a great start. Love following your blog. Have you seen ours for Harper and Jack? Check my profile to find 'em. Later! Ruthie