Monday, February 25, 2008

Noah's First Month


2/3/2008



Hey guys! As Noah's first month comes to an end, I find myself thinking 'Wow! It went so fast!' It has been one of the best (and most challenging) months of my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have cried endless amounts of post-preggo tears. I cry tears of fear for his chokey chokey noises ('choking' in mommy language). I cried sometimes just because he is crying. I have cried when I went away from him (on errands, not off clubbing...who am I, Britney?), but mostly I have cried because when I look at him, I am so overwhelmed with love, I just can't stop them.

My shirt hasn't only been wet from tears, however. In the last few weeks I have become a virtual milk fountain. I have so much milk in fact that the lactation consultant has called it an 'oversupply.' While this doesn't sound like a bad thing, it actually is pretty problematic. It causes Noah to choke and sputter while feeding. It leads to horrible gas and squirty green poos so loud, people probably think they are testing weapons at the Miramar base. Who would have imagined that out of these former 'A' team members would spring forth this super-soaker amount of milk? I don't know. Life is funny like that I guess. We are working on it though. Thank goodness for the Leche League. The nice ladies there have given us some tips to help the poor guy out.

And like you would expect, some funny things have happened too. Brian has learned a new form of speaking. I call it the 'nosleepese.' Some examples of this form of communication involve exchanges where is eyes are completely closed, but he is sitting up. My favorite example came Friday @ aournd 3am when I asked him to hand me Noah out of his bassinet so I could feed him. Head on the pillow and completely alseep, Bri replied 'Could I just make you a copy?' After giggling for about a minute I replied 'No, I think the original would work best please.' Another favorite of mine occured when I looked at him in the middle of the night and he was half-way down the bed, curled tightly in the fetal position. I asked, 'Would you like a pillow?' Once again, eyes closed, he stated 'I would like a bourbon.' .....Wouldn't we all?

Other humorous incidents have invovled more bodily fluids. I can't help but want to buy the little guy some safety glases. He manages to squirt himself in the face at a changing at least once a day. I also think I should buy a rain jacket for my poor clothes. Sorry if you come to visit and I smell...don't ask...it could just be milk... :P Speaking of milk, I also received a nice shot of it myself - IN MY MOUTH, PROJECTED OUT OF HIS MOUTH. Never look directly at Noah when you are burping him. Well I guess you can look, just don't have your mouth open in concern, like a complete idiot. Other new adventures continue to occur. We went to the beach for the first time. We went out to eat for the first time, though we made the people next to us move..... We also got to nap together (Bri and I) for the first time in a long time. I am sure the next few months will be filled with many 'firsts.' I will try and keep you guys updated. If these emails become TMI, just mark me as junk mail. I don't seem to have a good filter for what people can tolerate. I like to 'keep it real' as Tyra would say. Oh god, I just quoted Tyra Banks..Don't think badly of me, please, I've been up since 4 :D

Milky hugs and wet kisses,Rach

1 comment:

Unknown said...

B&R,
You will have sooooo many amazing things before you. . . that first tooth, that first standup, those first steps . . enjoy them all. We are soooo happy to see some new pics. Kisses to Noah.
Love,
Grammy & Lolo