Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ta-Dah!


Or as Keira would say with arms raised proudly over her head, "Dah-Dahhhh!" Our baby is 1.

This time last year we had come home from the hospital and were holding our sweet little bundle in front of the tree. I wondered what this baby would be like, who she would look like and what her personality would be. Would she have Noah's amazing eye lashes? Would she have Brian's chill demeanor? And would her little heart fix itself?

So far the answers are all YES! To me (the unbiased mother, of course) she is just as beautiful as can be. Warm, expressive eyes (from Bri), rosy red lips (me) and the most easy-going personality (BRI BRI BRI). Her VSD is almost completely gone and while we still have to check-in with her cardiologist (an echo with Children's Hospital this spring,) K is as healthy as can be.

They say time flies when your children are small and that goes double when you already have one kiddo to take care of. I often feel guilty that I don't have as much time to sit and have one on one time with K. Noah had endless hours of block building, color sorting and just plain snuggle time with mama. The sweet thing is that it seems to be working out. Noah's personality needed all that undivided attention. Keira is happy being an independent gal. I can't imagine if they had come in a different order. I am so thankful it worked out they way it was supposed to and that I was able to give what each kiddo needed.

Besides "easy-going" what other words describe our little lady?
Cheerful (K is quick to smile and I can't get enough of that silly grin!)
Social (especially with other toddlers and her brother. When we go to parks she waves and says, "hi!" to all the little kids)
Snugly (not sure that is a real word, but she loves to cuddle her bears and our faces and skin)
Content (She pretty much only cries if she is tired or stuck in her car seat for a while)

Like all toddlers, she still has some moments. Mostly they surround meal time. If you don't get the food out fast enough, man she will let you know. MAMAMAMAMAMAMAAAAAAA! And boy can this girl eat! Right now avocados, berries and noddles are her favorite meal.

Her favorite toys are a toss up between cause and effect toys and stuffed animals. When she wakes up from a nap I often find her nuzzling her stuffed toys and cuddling with her blanket. She rarely cries in her crib as long as she has Sleepy Bear to hold. She also loves musical toys and will shake a maraca and "sing" along to music the car (which make Noah sing even louder to drown her out). 
The other toys she's really into is her Little People farm. She likes opening the farm doors to hear the sounds and is learning to sind Old MacDonald. She says," EEEEEOOOO" for "EIEIO."

Like Noah, K is a pretty proficient communicator. She has mastered Yes/No (girl has to let you know what she wants!) She also says, "cat, mama, tree, bird, santa, that, this, yes, buh-er (brother), tutu, ganpa, lolo."  She's not as apt to use baby signs, though we have tried to teach them. "All done" seems to have stuck, and I get that one frequently while on the changing table. If she wants something and can't sign or say it, she just points and says, "that!"

Overall we have a smart, playful, sweetheart of a girl and I feel thankful every day that she is a part of our family.

Love you so much, Keira Lane! Happy Birthday baby!

1 comment:

Catalina said...

She's so lovely Rach. You're doing such a wonderful job being her mama. She and Noah are lucky to have you! That first part about her little heart made me cry! I remember hearing and praying for her! What a beautiful post.