Monday, July 26, 2010

July Highlights

July has been flying by. There is too much too write about separately, so I have just added some photos from our Picasa album to show a little bit about what is going on in our neck of the woods.

First, Uncle Pete left for yet another deployment. Noah misses his buddy so much and wants me to tell Uncle Pete, "Where'd you go, Uncle Pete? Can we do some flying? I miss you!"

From July 2010

We've also had Bri's parents for a couple weekends. What a lovely break for Mama and Papa.

From July 2010

I have been trying to keep our little guy busy before I get too big to motivate for field trips (am currently 20 weeks), so we have made a couple visits to Balboa Park.

Check out the mischievous smile here. He thinks he's getting away with flying a real plane at the Air & Space Museum.

From July 2010

Uncle Pete's helicopter. Noah is grumpy because Uncle Pete isn't actually IN it.

From July 2010

Botanical Gardens. We spend hours here. Its beautiful and super kid-friendly.
From July 2010

At the aquarium with Ali & Isla. Noah touched the sea cucumber, Mommy just pretended to touch it. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps.

From July 2010

Our good friend Emelia got married and Noah took Isla as his date. Congrats Emelia and Jarrod!

From July 2010

If you ask Noah what his favorite thing he did in July was, he will clearly tell you it was his trip to see the pirate puppet show. He wore a pirate shirt (under his jacket), his hat, and shouted at the puppets on stage the entire time.

After watching the show, we worked on his longest journal entry yet to date. Here are his words about the experience:

We went to the pirate show. The bird farted. The pirate went on a boat. He went fast. And then he go in the water. There was a jellyfish and the mermaid. In the end there was a hula girl. She shake her booty. I like that part. Then then treasure was under the clothes. I get a lollipop (from the treasure chest).

A farting parrot and a treasure chest filled with candy, how could that not be is favorite part of the month?

From July 2010

No comments: