Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sweet Talker


Just a quick update on Noah's ever growing means of communication. Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

Good news? Me too.

This week Noah has said 3 real sentences all on his own. We've been trying to get him to string more words together than the 2 words he usually puts together. He likes to talk (go figure) so this has been a fun "game" to play. Here's what he said unprompted:

  • I see a ball!

  • Where did TuTu go?

  • I want up.



The bad news is that he has learned to whine. It's one of the more irrating techniques he is using to try and get his way (Dear lord, its like fingers on a chalk board.) I am hoping to curb this soon by ignoring the whining demands and asking him to "say it in his sweet voice."

It's been pretty succesful so far, the little guy is pretty motivated by praise. Oh, and his "sweet voice" is pretty darn cute too. ;)

2 comments:

Emi said...

I think Noah is pretty rad too!

Carlos said...

Noah are you so funny!!