Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Moments Like This

Dear Noah,

I know you are too little now to remember all of the joy you bring to Mama and Papa. I hope that one day, by reading this blog you know how much you were loved and how much love we have received in return.

This morning you gave me a beautiful gift. It wasn't wrapped in a bow or bought at a store. It wasn't topped with glitter or glue. It came in the form of two chubby arms wrapped armed my neck and a happy, "Me too." That's what you said Bubba. I picked you up while we were making sand castles at the park and said, "I love you." You lay your head down on my shoulder, put your arms around my neck and said, "Me too." It was the first time and it took my breath away. I know there will be many more. But for today, Mama is writing it down, and holding this memory close to heart.

One day, when you are big, I know you will understand why moments like these can make you smile and cry at the same time. You may have a little boy or girl who loves to sing, dance and play. A child who likes to rest their head upon your chest while you sing them to sleep. A child who fills your life with meaning and your heart with an overwhelming love.

I dream this dream for you.

All my love,

Mama

3 comments:

Emi said...

Sounds like the most perfect day ever. I'm so happy Rach. Miss you guys!

Ali said...

This post is making me smile and cry at the same time! I love it!

Unknown said...

Tu Tu is not computer savvy. Can't figure out how to post my name on this site (I can on sippy cup chard.)...anyway, can't wait to have those arms around my neck with your head on my shoulder as I tell you how much I love you....Grammy TuTu will be there soon and we are going to be "rock stars" at the top of our lungs!!!
oxoxoxTuTu