Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's Just a Phrase

This week Noah turned 18 months old. We knew he had a pretty large vocab, but now he's making simple sentences and using phrases. Most of the time, its pretty cute coming from such an adorable "baby" voice, and it melts our hearts, other times I think "Wow, it was cool when he was all silent and stuff." This mostly happens when he is shrieking orders at me like only a toddler can.

Common things he says now:
  • Hi/Bye/Sorry/Thank you ___ (Mama, Papa, Kitty, etc)
  • Simple sentences, with a verb then object (examples: "Go bye-bye," "Play guitar" or "Feed deer." He says that when he wants to go to the Wild Animal Park) :D
  • "I don't know." Said with arms open/shoulders shrugged gesture.

  • "Where'd it go?"

  • "There it is!"

  • More (object) please

  • I ___ (attribute) "I hot!" "I tall!"

  • "No, kitty!" (this one cracks me up. Southpark anyone?)
  • "No, MINE!" (Lovely, really. I can hear this from across the park when someone is "borrowing" a toy of his).

He's also starting singing real words. ABC's is one of his favorites now that he knows most of his letters and sounds. With most songs, if you sing a little part of the song, he will fill in parts. And boy, this kid sings with gusto. I am talking blow your eardrums out loud. I guess it isn't surprising if you know my mother's side of the family. Love you guys! :P


Who me? But I am so shy and innocent!

His increasing use of language is yet another sign that my baby, isn't my "baby" anymore. He is a little person with his own thoughts and feelings and is eager to share those thoughts with the world. Though you may want to stand back a few feet...this kid has volume.

2 comments:

Ali said...

You didn't mention his most impresive word of all...Can't wait for Noah to start teaching Isla some words!

Unknown said...

What do you mean, "if you knew my Mother's side of the family?" Your mom & dad have normal parameters of sound....can't help it that we raised such a quiet child...now, your grandma Jackie's side of the family talks in the key of A...I know that's where our grandson got his sound and a mighty fine job he does. Grammy TUTU can't wait to be with him while your enjoying Hawaii. We'll work on sound projection (I'm an expert)yea! oxoxoxoxox tutu