Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday GG

If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting my grandmother, please let me introduce you. Her name is Jackie Olden and she is one hell of a lady. She's smart, spunky, and talented and I am lucky to come from such a great line of genes!
The one gene I wished I had inherited from Grandma was the "cooking gene." She's a professional chef with her own radio and tv show and has published many delicious cook books. If you know me, you know why this is funny - I HATE COOKING. I do, however, LOVE EATING, which makes us a perfect pair.
This past weekend Grandma turned 75 years young. She made us food, chased after Noah and even found time to do some crunches on the ab machine. I hope I have half of her energy when I am a great-grandma.

Here are four generations of family. I guess this pic explains a bit about Noah's hair color, huh?

I also couldn't resist posting this photo of my mom and Noah. He absolutely adores his Grammy TuTu and asks for her all the time. I bet you can see why.

Happy early Mother's Day to GG and my mom. Thanks for being such amazing ladies!


2 comments:

A Darling and Delightful Journey said...

I love this post ,thank you for sharing. As for your grandma, she is absolutely amazing. And how cool to have a grandma who has her own cooking show?!?!? I do not cook either, which is weird considering all the women in my family love to cook. I missed that gene somehow. We are starting our kitchen remodel in about 3 weeks...maybe that will give me some motivation and inspiration to pull a Gaida, and make some amazing food. Or maybe I am simply dreaming.

Happy early Mothers day!

Unknown said...

Awwwww...Rach, that was really sweet. Isnt funny how different momma is with Noah than with us? Too stinking cute. Noah is always the topic of her conversations, she is so proud! He makes her happy too :) xooxoxox