Nothing says autumn like a trip to Julian. Bri, Noah and I headed up this brisk Saturday morning to enjoy the fruits of fall.
If you aren't familiar with Julian, its a tiny little town in SoCal famous for its pies, especially its apple pies. Each October they have an Apple Festival to celebrate the harvest. They serve up apple pies, apple butter, apple pancakes, apple muffins, apple cider....even apple soap! The whole celebration is delicious.Before indulging in the many goodies, we hiked around the town for a bit. This gave us the opportunity to try out Noah's new ride. (see below).
He has grown to heavy for the Bjorn, which he LOVED, so we thought we'd give the backpack a try. It's called the Rumba Superlight http://sherpani.us/ . If your kid loves to be up high and in the action, you must have one of these, it rocks!
After exploring some of the town we came upon a candy palace. Check out the expression on Noah's face. I am not sure if it comes across with the smaller size of the photo, but THE BOY IS LICKING HIS LIPS!!!
After cruising around town and stopping for a yummy lunch, (fried chicken and mashed potatoes...mmmm...) we headed over to the Mining Co. for some fall time activities.
The rest of the photos from our adventure can be seen here.....
http://picasaweb.google.com/RachelMantuano/OctoberJulian#
But I couldn't resist posting this pic of Noah in the hay. He was amazed by its texture and touching it caused giggles and smiles that made the day even sweeter.
5 comments:
Aw man! We should have gone! I'm still pregnant. ;-)
Hugs....Summer
So much Fun! Noah looks like he had such a great time! I am going to Jullian for apple picking with some friends a few weeks from now, and I'll definitely be thinking about you guys while I'm up there!
He looks sooooo precious . . . can't wait to see him again
Thanks for the comment and the compliment :) Growing up I always thought my mom was crazy for naming me something no one could say...but now that I am older I love the fact that it is different. haha
When I have kids I am going to find names that are out of the ordinary as well :) Your family is beautiful, I love all the pics!
You have a beautiful family. The little guy is just adorable!
Post a Comment