The Mantuanos returned home from a another week away from SD. Brian made his 2nd business trip to China, so Noah & I headed to Phoenix to spend some time with the Arizona clan.
The trip to the airport was pretty comical. Typical Noah, he pooped in the car while we were driving. Probably because it was somewhere around 6am, combined with my nervousness at traveling alone with a 6 month old, I forgot all about the poo until we got to the ticket counter. Then it was impossible to ignore....literally...I saw it, in the car seat. So I tried to check-in, holding my backpack, his front pack and Noah (at arms distance, Mr. Poo legs he was) all while attempting to wipe out the seat before I checked it. The whole situation was so ridiculous that I couldn't control my laughter. They probably thought I was nuts and fairly smelly.
After an uneventful 50 min flight (thank god!), we landed in Phoenix. When we arrived it was 109 degrees! Seems like I get a case of AZ amnesia each time I visit. I forget just how hot over 100 feels, and I think, awww it can't be that bad. Yes, yes, it is.
Luckily, we were picked up by Aunty Barb and Uncle Jim in their wonderfully air conditioned car. We stayed that night with the Hemersons. Noah got to meet some of his second cousins and be spoiled to pieces. Should I mention that he now has his own cell phone? (Thank you Aunty B! Email me those pics when you can.)
After some time with the cousins, we headed over to Peoria to stay with my mom and dad. It was still pretty hot, but Noah stayed cool, playing inside and taking cool baths.
My mom, dad and sister each took turns giving Noah some lovin. Here are some pics of our time together.
Thank you to the Arizona branch of our family. We had a great time! We'll be back when it gets below 90. :P
Here are some more pics from Aunty Mandy's camera:
http://picasaweb.google.com/RachelMantuano/AZInJuly
2 comments:
Oh Happy Baby !!!! He looks like he had a ball.The pic of Noah & your Dad
yeah . . .looks like we have a mini Russ going on !! Glad you had a fun trip . . .minus the poo !
Love
Mom#2(aka Grammy)
rach, that story is hilarious. i love that you just went for it at the airport. you are awesome! and i love the picture of noah bathing in the sink. He is so precious!!
Post a Comment