So, the Mantuanos are back from vacation and I guess my camera decided it was time to "get back to work" too. I wanted to share the zoo photos with you guys, so here is the album:
I have to admit, the little guy slept for the first half of the visit, missing the monkeys which I thought was ironic. (He even had his monkey onesie on, compliments of Aunty Jen). I understand his tiredness, though. We had spent most of the morning singing and dancing with the Largoza boys and Noah was worn out! Then, when he woke up later, he seemed way more interested in the people around him than the animals. It was his first trip to the zoo and he loved seeing all the people milling around, staring into cages, taking pictures and making funny noises at the animals. (Ever wonder what the animals think of us humans as we squawk and point? I am thinking its something along the line of "You idiots.")
Though he wasn't too into the real animals yet, he did, however really enjoy the "fake" animals. We went into the panda store and he went nuts! He loves pandas and was so amazed to see all of the stuffed animals line the walls. It was more than he could handle! Over-enthusiastic mommy I am, I immediately start shoving pandas on the counter, telling Bri that we HAVE to buy a couple, because they make Noah so happy. Bri followed me around, calmly placing them back on the shelves.
As always, I also got really jazzed about seeing the meerkats. Cynthia, if you are reading this, I know you understand. For those of you you haven't seen Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet, I took a little video of the fantastic little fur balls. They do love to sunbathe!
Overall, I think I still get a bigger kick out of the zoo than Noah. We bought passes this year, so I am hoping that with return visits, he will begin to understand what the zoo is about. Until then, its a wonderful way to spend a few hours and keep the whole family entertained.
No comments:
Post a Comment